About Me

My photo
I usually talk about video games, TV shows and music. I also give advice and reviews. Have fun!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Fall Fashion 2011: What do we wear?

As much as I hate to admit it, summer is nearly over. I can already feel the nippy fall breezes washing over me as I type this. As we say good-bye to tank tops and short shorts, we are left with an empty feeling: what the heck do we wear for this fall? I am no fashion expert but I DO frequent the malls and fashion magazines often and I have come up with a number of items that will be perfect for this fall.

Colors:
Say good-bye to your plain gray jeans and shabby white cardigan! This fall is all about colors, vivid and bold colors! Not to say a little neutral won't help balance things out, but the main focus is on bright reds, oranges, and blues. Anyways, who wants to wear a gloomy, grey blouse in the middle of a gloomy, grey October? The key is to not go overboard with color. As I mentioned before, a little bit of a neutral black or grey here or there will help tone things down. Here are a few ideas on colors to get you started:

Notice the bold red jacket paired with nice, simple black leggings (H&M).  



An attention-grabbing yellow coat and skirt with a more toned-down shirt and black boots (Zara).
  
Trends:
There are a number of key items that are a must-have this season, including...
Lace: Lace tees, lace cardigans, lace dresses you name it!
A lace dress from Zara

Pencil Skirts: Easy to pull off, especially when paired with a few accesories.

Black pencil skirt from Zara

Flared Pants: If you're a lover of skinny or straight jeans, you might be uneasy to start wearing flared pants. But trust me, they're in and make you look great! High-waisted ones especially make your legs look longer when paired with high heels or boots.

Beautiful blue bell-bottom or flared pants (Zara)

Dresses: Dresses are big this season, and not just any dresses. Maxi dresses and dresses imitating the good ol' 40's, 50's, and 60's are a must-have this year.

A Forever 21 Maxi dress

Of course, in the end, it's all up to you. If flared pants don't look good on you, don't wear them! No need to be pressured into buying something you don't want to wear. These are only a few tips to get you started on your fall clothing or your next shopping grip.

A side note: Since I live in Europe, most of the pictures I have demonstrating different styles are from European clothing lines. That does not mean at all that you can't get a similar looking dress or shirt from a store near you! Also, I am not endorsing Zara, H&M, or Forever 21 products in anyway! They are just some of my favorite brands, along with the fact that there were many useful pictures on their website for this post (you could see them clearly).


No comments:

Post a Comment