About Me

My photo
I usually talk about video games, TV shows and music. I also give advice and reviews. Have fun!

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Awwwwwwww (A review for the movie "Flipped")

I've been meaning to write about this movie I watched with a few friends two weeks ago. When my friend said it was a "love story between two preteens" I wasn't incredibly excited. But when she brought out the caramel popcorn something inside me pushed me to stay until she got her computer working.

The movie was titled Flipped, set in the 50's and featuring two eighth graders who are polar opposites of each other. I'm not good with summaries so I'll just go ahead and say that it showcases their relationship throughout the years and how things can be... *flipped* (I'm so clever)! Both perspectives are shown and they switch back and forth throughout. Here's the trailer:

Sort of got me wishing I lived in the 50's again (and, dear feminists, I mean this in the best way possible). No internet/video game addicts, kids actually playing in the yards... hell I even saw a girl climb a tree in this movie. And seeing two 12-13 year olds interact without grinding each other at an epilepsy-enducing party was quite nice as well.

A great watch regardless of whether or not romantic comedies are your thing. You know that warm fuzzy feeling you get in your heart when you eat a marshmallow? Yeah, you'll be feeling that after the movie's done.


No comments:

Post a Comment