About Me

My photo
I usually talk about video games, TV shows and music. I also give advice and reviews. Have fun!

Sunday, May 13, 2012

A "totally different" AC3... opinions?

The new extended gameplay trailer for Assassin's Creed 3 has been out for a few days now. For me, I was as excited as a little kid on Christmas morning but some people are saying otherwise.

Don't get me wrong, the majority of AC fans are looking forward to this new release and with that, innovative changes in scenery, plot, characters and features, but some say that AC3 won't be as big a success as its predecessors.

Well, here goes.

Why I am in love with AC3 (after seeing this trailer)
  1. It is set during a major historical event in American history. Granted, it's not as if the previous games weren't or didn't include many characters and occurences in history, but come on... the Civil War! I am glad that there is some outwards interaction as opposed to the main focus always going back to our fellow assassin. 
  2. Scaling. Well, I know people are protesting that long stretches of woods will not be as exciting as jumping over buildings and temples, but there is a certain excitement in being able to jump tree to tree as you track your victim. Besides, this isn't the newest installment of Little House on the Big Prairie: Assassin edition.... it does include a lot of cities and towns to explore (and loot)... In fact, it has been said that the new AC3 world will be 1.5 times as big as previous ones!
  3. I am liking the use of animals in AC3. Who doesn't like big fluffy animals that want to kill you?

Any opinions? I can not wait until this game is released!

3 comments:

  1. It's the first in the series to make me really want to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this looks really amazing i like the changes! the part where the assassin pass trough a room! wow! AC rules!.
    nice rewiew actually, agreed on all of that thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it isn't set in the Civil War, it's set in the American Revolutionary War. Very different period of history, almost a century earlier. :)

    ReplyDelete